De-Code Automotive Jargon with Help from O’Brien Kia of Bloomington
You can count on a great experience whenever you come in to see us at O’Brien Kia of Bloomington. Whether you are shopping for a pre-owned Kia car or you are interested in a new model, we have the selection you need. In addition to that, we have a friendly and knowledgeable customer service team who will help you with the entire process. If you have any questions, we can go over what you need to make sure that you have a great buying or leasing experience. We can also talk with you about some of the more frequently used industry terminology that you may not be familiar with, such as:
Financing and Technical Terms
- Torque – You may see this written out as “lb-ft” while looking at the vehicle description. This is the measurement that details the amount of force that comes from the engine for powering the vehicle’s crankshaft.
- Drivetrain – The drivetrain of a vehicle, generally a two-wheel drive or all-wheel drive system, works by creating power that gets transferred to the vehicle’s wheels to propel it forward.
- Acquisition Fee – Whether you are leasing a Kia Forte or a Kia Sorento, you may see the term acquisition fee in your paperwork. This is a term sometimes called a bank fee or assignment fee and it refers to the funds that are charged by a leasing company to help cover administration costs that are generated during the stages of the auto lease. These fees may include data entry, checking details for accuracy, and gathering the credit report.
- Climate Control – This is a feature that allows the driver or passengers to set the perfect temperature in the cabin of the vehicle. In some instances, a vehicle may have manual or automatic climate control to help distribute the right amount of air conditioning or heat to create a comfortable environment.
- Depreciation – This is a term you will often hear that explains the amount of money a vehicle loses in terms of value. For example, a vehicle will start to depreciate from the moment that it leaves the dealership.
We have a great team here at O’Brien Kia of Bloomington to help you with any questions you may have regarding the vehicle you are interested in or the financing process. At your local Bloomington, IL Kia dealership, we work on bringing a tailored experience to our customers, meaning we can help with finding you a vehicle you love and a Kia financing option that works best for you. Stop by to see us today at 1608 Morrissey Drive in Bloomington, IL or give us a call at (877) 349-6057 and we can set you up to take a test drive.