Kia Maintenance Checklist
The chances are very good that you didn’t buy your 2019 Kia Rio or 2019 Kia Niro so that it could sit around and collect dust. As a busy person, you probably do a lot of driving on a daily basis. Whether you use your Kia car for a commute to work or for weekend adventures, you need it to be running smoothly at all times. This is why it is so important to take care of every element – including your brakes, engine, tires, and other components that suffer regular wear and tear. Keeping this vehicle maintenance checklist in mind from O’Brien Kia of Bloomington will give you a decent car-care guideline to go by.
Why Maintenance is Important
Vehicle maintenance never has to be a daunting task, which is why we offer convenient, economical, and quick service in our Kia service center for our customers from Normal to Peoria and beyond. O’Brien Kia of Bloomington takes care of the dirty work to ensure your vehicle is in excellent working condition when you come in for scheduled maintenance, which helps you to avoid more expensive repairs later on. All of our technicians also use genuine Kia parts so that you know your vehicle has what it needs.
Kia Maintenance Checklist
- Detailing: A vehicle that is clean on the inside and out will has less chance of corrosion
- Lights: Hazards you can’t see cannot be avoided, so we look at your running lights, headlights, and indicators to make sure they are in good shape
- Tires: Good tread depth equals better acceleration, improved grip, and more stopping power, while proper pressure helps to ensure safety and good fuel economy
- Check Engine Light: Your check engine light can strike fear into drivers; it could be something as simple as a loose gas or cap your vehicle’s ECU. We will help you to be able to tell the difference.
- Fluids: Some parts will wear out and we often take that for granted, but never forget that fluids like brake fluid, transmission fluid, motor oil, and antifreeze can break down too. When they do, your key components may wear out faster.
- Exhaust: Emissions standards often get tighter each passing year. A good exhaust system keeps you on the DMV’s good side and will keep your vehicle running smoothly.
- Brakes: Whether you are a careful driver or have a lead foot, it’s not easy bringing a 2019 Kia Rio or 2019 Kia Sorrento to a dead stop. Good brakes are a matter of life and death.
- Other Essentials: Your electrical system should be checked along with your belts, hoses, wipers, filters, and many other parts, especially when seasons change or before a long trip.